digg me

insurance ad

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Why Buy Accident Insurance?

An affordable accident insurance policy can help you pay for health insurance deductibles, make up for lost time at work, and provide peace of mind for your active family.

Why I Bought an Accident Insurance Policy

I took my own advice and purchased a higher deductible health insurance plan for my family. I was very satisfied that I had saved a lot of money in monthly premiums, and I did my best to save that premium difference in case of an emergency.

I was lucky though, because I had purchased a very inexpensive family accident policy. The cash benefit covered the ER bill, and also compensated me for other expenses. So even though I had saved some money for an emergency, I was happy because I did not have to raid that fund. I got to leave it intact for the next time.

Why You Should Consider An Accident Insurance Policy

  • Get compensated for lost income if you are injured, or if you need to take care of a family member.
  • Family policies cover kids, and they will not be covered by workplace disability.
  • Get cash to cover out of pocket expenses like insurance deductibles and copays. Some expenses, like air ambulances, may only be partially covered by your health insurance, but they may be medically necessary.
  • Get cash to cover expenses that will not be covered by health insurance like meals, parking, childcare for other children, and in some cases, overnight lodging.

How Do Accident Policies Work?

Accident policies vary. Some work more like accident disability insurance, while the one I chose just paid out a cash benefit for each incident. Some may have a claim schedule that pays out different amounts depending upon the type of injury, while some pay out a fixed maximum amount.

You can compare accident insurance policies online, actually right here, simply by adding your ZIP code into our free quote form above or in the right column. Look for one that covers the type of accidents that your family could risk in their every day activities and adventures.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment is a policy that pays benefits to the beneficiary if the cause of death is due to an accident. This is a limited form of Accident insurancewhich is generally less expansive

    ReplyDelete
  3. "An affordable accident insurance policy can help you pay for health insurance deductibles, make up for lost time at work, and provide peace of mind for your active family." - I agree with this statement. Accident and health insurance is really important.

    ReplyDelete

insurance ad